Share Your Photos Here
I have just added a couple of sections to the site. One is a camera and photography article directory. There are some articles on file there and more are being added on a regular basis. Check out our Cameras and Photography Articles while you are here. We invite you to write articles for us here on the subjects of cameras and photography. Some recent article summaries are listed in the box below.
The more fun news is that I have adapted the script to allow you to post your photos to the site. Visit the 'My Favorite Shots' section to set up your photo sharing page or pages!
Art and Photography Articles
Provided courtesy of:
Interesting Photos and More
- Turning a Photographic Image Into a Stunning Canvas Print
- Thu, 19 Feb 2015 00:41:16 +0000 - People of this era are really putting the effort into decorating their homes and making their walls look really interesting and lovely o look at There lots of different things you can use to brighten up your walls with your photos but one real good idea that has become very popular is photo canvas prints
- Tips For Choosing the Perfect Frame
- Sat, 10 Jan 2015 00:40:32 +0000 - When choosing the perfect frame, whether you are doing the framing or having it professionally framed you need to look at what you are going to have framed Is it an autographed photo, a watercolor, photo, sport's jersey, etc
- Creative And Practical Tips For Sharpening Your Photography Skills
- Tue, 04 Mar 2014 04:08:09 +0000 - By Wendy Miller Photography is great as a profession, a hobby, or just as a way to recall times, events, and people that you want to preserve the memory of. Either way, this article will give you some tips on how you can take better pictures, and get the results you are looking for. When taking a photograph, take one shot, then move in closer to the desired subject and take a second shot. You want the subject of the photograph to be the majority of the frame. Taking the second shot ensures that you get the better shot from one of the two, whether you were close enough initially or not. Don’t be afraid of taking pictures. If you use the wrong settings, it’s okay. Go ahead and take the picture anyway. If you want to photograph a person or pet, go up and ask if it’s okay; create a release form to sign if it makes you more comfortable. Just go do it! Even if you are taking a landscape photo, make sure your shot has a focal point. Shots without a focal point can look rather empty and dull. Possible focal points for a nature landscape photo include big trees, waterfalls, and distant mountains. Another trick is to use something that stands out as your focal point, such as a patch of different colored flowers. If you’re doing a landscape shot, try and capture some movement in the shot. Whether it’s the wind blowing the trees or a wave crashing against the shore, capturing this movement can add an extra layer of depth to the photograph. If you’re going to try and capture movement, make sure you’ve got the shutter speed set correctly. Framing is an extremely important factor when it comes to photography. Zoom in on your subject and eliminate any surrounding distractions. This can eliminate unwanted focal points and keep clutter in your photographs at bay. Use a good lens to get a better image quality. You can create artistic pictures with any kind of equipment if you work hard and adapt your style to […]
- Cartoon Drawing: How to Draw Anything Under the Sun With Effortless Ease
- Tue, 03 Sep 2013 04:51:30 +0000 - If you are new to drawing [or even if you are a seasoned pro] you will agree with me learning to draw can be time taking There are so many things to learn and practice
- Improve Your Cartoon Drawing: The Easy Way
- Tue, 03 Sep 2013 03:51:27 +0000 - If you are a drawing enthusiast like me you should always be looking for ways to improve your craft No matter if you are a beginner or a seasoned pro there is always scope for improvement
- Drawing Tips: How to Be a Good Figure Artist
- Tue, 03 Sep 2013 02:55:14 +0000 - I think I do not need to mention it here that figure drawing can be tough Many aspiring figure artists drop off in the midway because of this very reason
- How to Take Better Photos
- Sun, 24 Mar 2013 07:08:47 +0000 - You have decided that you want to go into photography or that you just want to take better photographer This is a great timing
- Applying Colours in Oil Painting
- Wed, 13 Mar 2013 14:54:49 +0000 - Colors are a greatly crucial factor that can affect an oil painting The proper use of colors is able to beautify a painting
- Basics of Oil Painting
- Wed, 13 Mar 2013 06:54:35 +0000 - There are a handful of techniques one can apply while painting an oil painting In fact, masterful artists in the past have made many splendid masterpieces that have become great references for people of this era
- Tonal Harmony in Oil Painting
- Wed, 13 Mar 2013 03:54:28 +0000 - In the past tonal harmony has been a common practice amongst master artists This practice however, has spanned and extended into an extent much more difficult to comprehend today
Number One Pictures is my photo hobby site. I will attempt to make it interesting. I hope that you will enjoy your visit.
Many of you who arrived by search engine are looking for pictures of the number one. I have not yet gotten around to making a gallery of numbers, but it is on my list of things to do. I do have many pictures on display and I invite you to look around while you are here.
I am adding some news feeds for camera news and reviews. There are several feeds available in the News and Reviews section. Below is a sample feed.